Extremely bad mental health day, for seemingly no reason. Lovely.
This has been a really good week for my mental health.
- This week has been rough during the days, but I’ve managed to turn around my days each time. This is a huge amount of progress for me.
- I’ve been doing much better about staying active and eating healthier, even on rough days, even on the weekends. This has been helpful for me, and I feel like I’m making positive changes that are helping me be happier with myself and healthier.
- I made the realization today that my “light” cleaning weekends are what almost everyone does on normal cleaning days. My “normal” cleaning days are what most people consider spring cleaning. It makes me feel a lot less guilty about doing my “normal” cleaning only ever other weekend.
The lost key kerfuffle
Well I ended up in tears at the Post Office today. That was fun.
We have a centralized mailbox for our neighborhood. And, of course, our only mail key was on the keychain that I lost. Not a big deal, right?
Our post office is 25 minutes away, so it’s nearly an hour of just driving alone, not including waiting in line and getting the process completed. So I called this morning to double check that all I needed was my ID. ”Yup! That’s all you need!”
So waste of an hour. I literally left the office in tears of frustration. Then we had to run to Kaiser to pick up an emergency refill of my prescription, since I have a refill literally just sitting in my mailbox. (Which they legally can’t let me access, even though I can prove residency.)
Then we had to drive back. (The process costs FIFTY bucks, by the way.) Oh and when do we get our new keys?
Not until next Monday.
My husband the other day lost his wallet. He feels crappy, I feel crappy for him. I hope he feels better soon. I hope you feel better soon. You're still human and you're still loved.
We spent two hours scouring the house. We went through the entire trash.
I know that it’s not a big deal, but it’s really hard to not let myself spiral into a self-hating monologue about how I’m a failure who can’t even manage to keep track of her own fucking keys.
I can’t find my keys anywhere and I’m panicking.
The last time I used them I was either: checking the mail or unrolling the windows of my car in the garage.
I’ve checked everywhere; I even went through the trash.
I was so productive today!
- Vet appointment for Abbey
- Installed some hardware on our garage door
- Cleaned the garage
- Cleaned the sideyard
- Washed and brushed Abbey
- Took a nap =)
I’m getting an IUD implant tomorrow.
I’m so anxious that I might vomit.
The posts about childhood dreams and heart palpitations freaked me out because I've never known someone to describe exactly what I've been through. Although I understand these are unwanted experiences, I am glad to know I'm not alone. Thank you.
You are not alone.